Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jing Image

I have to admit that this assignment gave me some trouble.  Although I consider myself quite literate when it comes to technology--I was beginning to feel quite inept at times, but I did it (I think). LOL.  After installing Jing, I went through the video a few times so that I could really grasp what this was all about.  Then I had to think really hard about a annotated image that I could use, so I pulled one of my favorite organizers that I use when teaching vocabulary--the Frayer Model.  It's a versatile graphic that can easily be tweaked for any grade level.
Jing Graphic
The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to include an image.  So if any of you know, maybe you can give me a quick lesson.  This is another great asset for teachers because I can upload any image, annotate it and share it with my students.  No more downloading and saving all those graphics.  And I can store them in my Diigo library. 

As an educator, it's important that I exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society (NETS-T Standard 3) and engage in professional growth and leadership (NETS-T Standard 5).  No matter how uncomfortable it may make me feel.  Now I can honestly tell my students that I understand how they feel when confronted with learning something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment