Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jing Screencast

So this assignment was very difficult for me for a couple of reasons.  First, I couldn't decide on what to do it on, then after NUMEROUS attempts, I still can't figure out how to include the audio.  I tried every headset in the house, but still no audio--so if anyone out there knows what I DIDN'T DO, please let me know.

I finally decided to go the simple route of addressing how to include a graph into a document.  Drawing one is simple enough, but with more demands on students to use technology (even in the elementary grades), I felt this would benefit them.

The first thing I did was to use the Jing sun and capture the word document (which allowed me to determine and control the area to make the video), then switched to video (which allowed me to create a digital video without the use of a digital camera--minus any audio) to show the tutorial. It was simple enough, and Jing uploaded for me as a screen cast.  This then gives me the option to save to my screen cast site and Jing and the video is saved as a shockwave (sfw).  The 3 prongs on the Jing sun are 'capture' that allows me to capture a photo or I can switch to video; 'history' that allows me to look at my photos or videos I've done; and 'more' that allows me to set my preferences.

The ISTE-NETS standards will fall under Standard 2: Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments, Standard 3: Model Digital Age Work and Learning, Standard 4: Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility, and Standard 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment