Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Google Forms

 I really enjoyed this assignment because it turned out easier than expected.  And boy was my brain in overdrive with ideas on how to incorporate it into my classroom!  I just finished another assignment from a different class and one thing I wanted to include was an exit summary--well, now I know how to do that using this program.  So just for giggles, I created a simple form relating to Apple Blossom.  The linked spreadsheet shows the number of respondents and from there, I just have to click on the "Forms" tab, choose the "Summary" tab and I can see the analytical data--with graphs!

There are different ways in which I can get Google Forms to parents, students and co-workers.  I can send them via email, post it to my blog page or classroom web page, or I can print them off and send home for students without internet.  Basically you can view the form "live" or as a webpage, and depending on how you share or publish your form depends on if you need to be a Google docs user or be logged in.

The ISTE.NETS-T Standards that come to mind with this assignment are:

Standard 1c: Engaging students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.  Imagine the surveys and questionnaires student's can create relating to current trends, favorite foods, school issues, etc.  And they will have the data to compare it with fellow classmates--what a great way to open discussions.

Standard 2c:  Customize and personalize learning acclivities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.  In other words, create a form ASKING your students to respond based on their ideas and needs and use the data to guide instruction--after all, we all know that data drives instruction.

Standard 5:  Engage in professional growth and leadership.  Not only can you lead a professional development session, you can gather vital information at the school level in areas of concern regarding test scores, family life, parental input/concerns, etc.












2 comments:

  1. You need permission to access this item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and checked the box to allow you to view results. Hopefully that will let you see the data.

    ReplyDelete