Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snipping

Well you learn something new everyday--I had no clue what 'snipping' was, after all, if I wanted to include an image with my document, I would just save the image, then insert.  But after playing around with this new found tool, it is so much easier--and I can crop it at the same time, too!  My computer didn't have this program so I ended up downloading it http://xpsnipping.codeplex.com/releases/view/55484 and now I have a little camera icon at the bottom of my screen so I can snip as much as I want.  I've tried it a few times now, first using my desktop 
then adding the Millennial photo that is in my previous blog.  So I'm comfortable using the tool.

This would be a great asset in the classroom for reports, portfolios, even to copy files or folders.  Snipping would work great for a classroom newsletter or webpage.  The two ISTE.NETS-T standards that come to mind when I learned this tool were:
2a, which states that I should adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity, and
3c, which states that I should communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment