Friday, January 25, 2013

Picassohead

Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is ... Hectic-ala-Cherie.

Everyone can stop laughing now.  This is how I believe Pablo Picasso would guide my artistic side in creating a self-portrait.  I'm a little frayed around the edges, going in different directions at all times (hence, the mismatched eyes), and in constant motion with numerous tasks.  HECTIC.  Creating this self-portrait gave me an opportunity to present myself (to myself--if that makes any sense) in a way that I think others perceive me.  I really didn't have any technical issues with this program, I just jumped right in and through trial and error, became accustomed to the different features available.  I will admit though that it took a whole day to figure out that I could move the + for the paint up, down, left, and right and be able to have a large array of color options (I felt really stupid when I discovered that).  

The one thing that came to mind for using this in the classroom was that it would be really fun for the students to do during the first week of school.  Most students are nervous about meeting new classmates and the teacher and it would be a great ice-breaker as an introductory activity.  As far as ISTE.NETS-T, standards 1a and c fall into this activity by promoting creativity and innovative thinking and planning; and 2a that states we should incorporate digital tools and resources to promote creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment