Monday, April 15, 2013

Wrath of Khan

This assignment also had me watch a video, but this one was about how videos have become a bridge between teacher and student.  And I just have one question....where was this guy when I suffered through Statistics and PreCal?! lol  But in all seriousness, I know a lot of teachers who take advantage of all sorts of online websites and videos.  For example, there's Starfall, BrainPop, and FCAT just to name a few.  Most districts set up specific guidelines as to what online resources a teacher can use and if I were to find a new one, I would be required to get permission to utilize it in my classroom.  Needless to say, I spend a great deal of time surfing the net to get an array of ideas when I plan a lesson (creative, don't you think) because I have a very diverse set of students, as we all know is common in today's classrooms.  As to hope and change for aspiring teachers--I hope that they will be open to change in the way they teach future students.  Because with technology being as it is, keeping up with it will definitely make the job easier.  I agreed wholeheartedly when Khan mentioned the positive attributes of having this type of learning in the classroom--the teacher has more time to focus on specific students, student's are more likely to achieve success due to self-pacing and practice, and most important, students can peer tutor one another.  This scenario is what an active and engaging classroom looks like.  A whole lotta learning going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment