Thursday, April 4, 2013

Word Clouds

Well, I really liked doing this assignment.  And as soon as I'm finished with this blog, I'm going back and creating a Wordle using my Philosophy of Education Statement.  The NETS-2000 standards are less - compared to the NETS-2008 by far!  Just for giggles, I captured a photo of both of them (see below):

And you can really see the difference.  Notice that in 2000, the focal words were technology, teachers, and learning whereas in 2008, the focal words were learning, students, and tools. I also found it interesting that in 2000, "teachers should be prepared to meet the standards and indicators," but in 2008, "effective teachers are to model and apply the standards as they design, implement, and assess learning experiences to engage students and improve learning."  That says it all, doesn't it?  That in a span of eight years, the standards changed from requiring teachers to prepare to incorporate technology in the learning process to applying technology in the classroom that would enhance learning.




No comments:

Post a Comment