Thursday, April 11, 2013

Voki

The assignment today required me to accomplish a few things:
  • Write an introduction about myself and verify the word count using the readability statistics
  • Create an avatar via the Voki website
  • Link it all here on my blog
After typing my introduction, I just clicked on the spell check and the readability appears (see the Jing image below)















I'm familiar with this tool because I use it to level text for students and to verify that my numerous past papers did not appear passive.

Creating the avatar was fun, and there are so many choices!  But as usual, I'm having difficulty with embedding...well duh!  I think I finally figured it out! Yay me!! lol





The NETS-T Standards that this assignment fall under will include:
Standard 1: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity by promoting, supporting, and modeling creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.

Standard 2: Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments by designing or adapting relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

Standard 3: Model Digital Age Work and Learning by communicating relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats.

Standard 4: Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility by developing and modeling cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital age communication and collaboration tools.

Standard 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership by evaluating and reflecting on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment