Sunday, March 24, 2013

Excel 1



Better late than never I guess.  This was extremely difficult for me, no matter how hard I tried--I just wasn't getting it.  But lo and behold, I FINALLY GOT IT!  Getting to the NCES site and exporting the data was easy.  Then I saved it (because I had to go back many, many times and attempt the directions) and imported it to my Excel sheet.  Once I figured everything out, the first thing I did was get rid of the extra columns.  I went ahead and sorted the scores in ascending order first, then clicked on 'data' to complete the descriptive statistics (see below):















Then I inserted the scatter plot:


















Compared with other states, Virgina is doing fine with a score of 226.37, where the state average was 220.81.  There were 7 states above Virginia, and 42 below us (I removed the District of Columbia and DoDEA).

The ISTE.NETS-T Standards that fall under this assignment are:

Standard 2: Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments; Standard 3: Model Digital Age Work and Learning; and Standard 5: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment